Friday, February 22, 2008

adhesive, snow and change

we here we are over mid way through february and i have nothing accomplished. i still have not scrapped. I actually wanted to for the first time in months. got a bunch of my stuff out and to my surprise {sort of} i was out of adhesive!! we had a snow storm last night and there is no school today and i am home from work and i have nothing what so ever to do. i am bored out of my stinking mind! this just really really sucks.

so now for the changes part. four years ago when i really got into scrapping i found a great site with amazing woman who quickly became my friends. it was home! it where i could come to talk and ask for advice and post the layouts that i had created and be with great people. then the site got sold. it was hard, i don't like change very much. but it was ok, still the same core of people for the most part. but then the site got sold again. this time though it felt even more different. things were definetly not the same anymore. i was barely logging on or participating in anything anymore, it just had a different feel to it. so i came around less and less. then i got an word from a friend about some stuff that was going down and i just could not believe it! i was shocked! there were alot of hurtful things that happened to the DT that was at the sight but it was also a slap in the face to the members who called this place home for such a long time.

**THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION** basically from what i understand, the part that bothers me the most, is that if we weren't going to buy from her store than we were not really welcome to chat and post our layouts. she was not going to support us if we didn't spend our money with her. well frankly, i think her store sucks. nothing in there appeals to me for the price that she wants us to pay. i have certain stores that i only buy from. that is just the way that i feel. i like being able to go to store and get the majority of what i want from one place. i would occasionally go to the store and check it out but i could never find what i wanted or the lines that i really like. this was never really and issue with the original owner...even though I happily bought her kits...because i wanted to! never because it was pushed on me!

so when i heard about that my friends were heading elsewhere....what else was i to do but go also! all i have to say is WOW! to our new home! these woman have taken many of us on and made us feel welcome and the transition was so easy you would think we have been there for years! these friendships will continue to go on and we are all together. AND I LOVE THE NEW SITE'S STORE! --maybe i should order some adhesive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for supporting us my friend - glad our new home is so warm and loving!

did you get some adhesive yet?!?

((hugs))

Michele said...

I am glad you decided to come play at SL with us! You and your friends really are fun!

Melanie said...

Kristy, so happy to have you at SL. I hate it that you and your friends had to endure all the nastiness at the other place.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.